Understandably, some Club members have inquired if the Swim Club will be opening this summer due to the COVID-19 virus. As of now, we remain hopeful that we will open for the Memorial Day Weekend. We will be guided by all state recommended practices and guidelines to keep our Club safe and healthy for our members, guests and staff.
We continue to monitor this rapidly evolving health situation and will communicate with you if we are unable to open this season. Only when NJ State officials lifts the ban on social gatherings will we know what is happening this summer. We are hopeful that all public places will be open in the near future. Until we know otherwise, the Board of Trustees is preparing as if the Club will be opening this season. We look forward to providing a safe and healthy atmosphere at the Club.
Please continue to check the Club’s website for updates. We will send updates as well.
Thank you and please stay safe.
-Board of Trustees
May 21, 2020
We understand that you have been waiting for any information about opening day. Our apologies for not reaching out to you sooner but we had hoped to have some definite news by now. We do not, except to say that we will not be able to open for Memorial Day weekend.
Please understand that we cannot open until the Governor lifts the current restrictions on recreational swimming pools. Once that happens, we would need a few weeks to fill the pools and pass any necessary inspections by the health department.
The NMSC continues to be guided by the Governor, the CDC, the Red Cross, the North Jersey Pool Manager’s Association, and our local health department. While other swim clubs have already decided not to open for the season for safety and financial reasons, we have been planning for multiple scenarios. Although we do not know when the Governor will allow recreational swimming again, please understand that our decision to open this season, or not, depends on what we believe will be in the best interests for the health and safety of our members and staff. It will also depend on whether it is financially sound for us to do so, and whether we will be able to address all of the logistical issues concerning the implementation of social distancing and health guidelines. Thank you all for your patience and understanding. We will provide additional updates when we have more information.